With a heavy focus on biometrics, Accenture works with clients to help map physical IDs to digital IDs, enabling organizations to pursue new market opportunities that are part of a broader ecosystem. Biometrics and blockchain-based proof of identity give users mobility, security and control, and businesses new tools for verification and compliance. Accenture is developing a system that makes establishing, tracking and maintaining digital identities more efficient, user friendly, secure and less open to fraud.
For the past ten years, Accenture has devoted significant resources to understanding identity management systems. They offer insights into biometric R&D to delivery-at-scale, via algorithm benchmarking, device evaluation, prototyping, development of proofs of concept, live piloting, biometric governance & quality assurance, diagnostics & capability assessments and biometric strategy definitions. Accenture can help manage the process through to solution delivery through their network of more than 50 specialist vendor relationships.
Accenture’s solution is personal, private and portable, empowering individuals to access and share appropriate information when convenient and without the worry of using or losing paper documentation. To solve problems faced by people who lack official identities face, Accenture leverages its Unique Identity Service Platform to deploy a breakthrough biometrics system that can manage fingerprints, iris scans and other data. This can be applied in a number of ways.
Accenture focuses on:
- Permanent identity record: For those who lack official forms of ID the unique identity platform on blockchain leverages a biometrics system of fingerprints, iris scans and more.
- Diploma counterfeit prevention: prevent certificate counterfeiting by streamlining validation and automating identification and attestation process on blockchain through mobile apps.
- Biometric payment innovation: Vendor independent prototypes leverage the unique identity service platform in the cloud for large populations and locally to support remote users.
The aim is superior scalability with innovative identity management that spans all things connected. Accenture Security Digital Identity capabilities include:
- Identity and access management: enabling organizations to fast-track their identity and access management capabilities at reduced cost.
- Privilege access management: Enabling organizations to reduce the risk of cybersecurity threats by protecting access to the most valuable resources.
- Blockchain and biometrics: Helping clients map physical IDs to their digital IDs, enabling organizations to pursue new market opportunities that are part of a broader ecosystem.
- Cyber Defense: Fortify extended environment with advanced threat protection, attack surface reduction, and incident response.
- Managed Security: Scale security monitoring and compliance with vulnerability management and threat hunting.